The Nature Park is a large natural or partly cultivated area with high esthetical, ecological, educational, cultural, historical and tourist and recreational values.
The Nature Park Biokovo is protected by law of nature and therefore visitors are advised to respect the following:
- Do not pick, collect, remove the habitat and damage plants, trees and shrubs
- Do not collect snails and mushrooms, and not to pick medicinal herbs
- Do not chasing away, persecuted, harassed, capture, kill and injure animals
- Do not carry weapons
- Do not damage nests and cavities of animals
- Do not touch and break the cave decorations (speleothems) destroy and collect fossils and fossil remains, and destroy and alienate any other valuables caves and cave can be visited only with a guide or by agreement with the Speleological section or club operating in a particular area, and you must obtain the permission of the competent ministry and approval of the Institution
- Do not camp, which is permitted only with the approval of Public Facilities in certain cases
- Do not light fires and fireplaces except in places that are adapted and specially designated for this purpose
- Do not leave any litter in the nature park, but put it in a bag and dispose of it in a container at the entrance or at another space provided for it
- Do not pollute streams, springs and reservoirs of drinking water
- Free movement of dogs is prohibited in the Nature Park recording and photographing nature in the park for commercial purposes is permitted only with special permission
- Move only in the areas and trails that are designated and intended for sightseeing and visiting collaborate with the park staff
- To seek prior permission of the Public institution "Nature Park Biokovo" and to inform clubs who have registered for this if they want to deal with specific recreational activities such as caving (with the permission of the competent ministry and approval of the institution), paragliding and flight gliding, climbing, photographing, and to register these activities at the entrance to the Park
- To fly gliders and paragliders at their own risk, and only on allowed and selected starts with the necessary authorization
- Respect the traffic rules and speed limits of the Biokovo road, which is specific, and frequently requirea passing cars at curves
- To use the Biokovo road at your own risk
- To purchase a ticket for the entry into the park nature and to keep it until exiting the park, and to show it at the request of officials
- Bring suitable clothing and athletic shoes and drinking water and dry food
- Information regarding the nature park slope can be obtained by field personnel at the entry desk, and the Public institution "Nature Park Biokovo" in Makarska or Podgora-village.
Respecting and following the rules of conduct keep the Nature Park Biokovo and its exceptional beauty and value, while the non-compliance and noncompliance is a lighter or gross misdemeanor, which entails certain measures by the officials or supervisors of the Nature Park.